Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

ROSE DAY!


This is my experience on the Podar rose day and how I became much wiser after that day:
Date: 23rd Nov
Place: Podar college
Hero: Sagar Shah
Heroine: name withheld!!!
Day: Rose day!

Rose day par tha kya suhana mausam,
And as always she looked beautiful and awesome,
I knew today the day to take my chance had come,
On her I took a glance,
And I knew that I would be fool if I didn’t take this chance,
I hadn’t felt so nervous even in a chess tournament,
As I neared her shivers down my spine were sent,
Seeing her meri bolti ho gayi bandh and all I was able to say
Was, this is for you ,happy rose day,
I didn’t even wait for a fraction,
Not paying any heed to what was her reaction,
And Just giving her the rose card gave me great personal satisfaction
I went home with happiness in me which was immense,
Not knowing the next few days would be really tense,
The future looked really bleak,
As a word with me she did not speak,
A pure sign of rejection,
I went back to the station my mind filled with great dejection,
Agle do din ke liye nahi meine khaya piya nahi mein soya,
Bas saara ka saara din mein roya,
Meine socha ki mere jaisa unlucky koi hi hoga,
Phir meine khidki mein se ek bhikari ko dekha,
Haath mein katora aur mooh pe muskaan lekar woh tha beta,
Ek din meine nahi khaya par that was out of choice,
The beggar who hadn’t eaten for days together didn’t raise a voice,
I hadn’t slept one night remembering her,
Par woh nahi soya bcoz he had no ghar,
I cried for losing something which I didn’t even possess,
And he was smiling even though he had lost everything and his life was in a mess,
I cannot describe his condition for words I am at loss,
I immediately realized how lucky I was!
In a reflex I went down and handed him a ten rupee note,
And instantly a smile on his face broke,
In India there are beggars in the number of crores,
And I bet helping them would give you more satisfaction than giving a beautiful girl a rose!!!!!
-Sagar Shah

15 comments:

  1. same thot as u....i convinced my breakup with this same but lil diff idea...like people not having parents also dont grudge then why m i crying for just losing a relation and not person

    ReplyDelete
  2. all elements in the poem, comedy, tragedy, wisdom, humor, so very touching, am sure 99.99 percent will recall d days when each one of us has gone through this process of one-way-traffic-love-affair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. all elements in the poem, comedy, tragedy, wisdom, humor, so very touching, am sure 99.99 percent will recall d days when each one of us has gone through this process of one-way-traffic-love-affair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SPENT A LOT OF TIME IN FINDING THIS AND WAS WORTH IT !!!!!!!
    BRILLIANT SAGAR SIR !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awasome,Awasome,Awasome Sagar bhai.

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing sagar sir! loved it.

    ReplyDelete